Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Five Year Forward View, http://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/5yfv-web.pdf. NHS (accessed 20 Aug 2019).
- Emergency and acute medical care in over 16s: service delivery and organisation.NICE guideline 94. NICE, UK2018
- What evidence is there that a physiotherapy service in the emergency department improves health outcomes? A systematic review.J Health Serv Res Policy. 2011; 16
- Clinical reasoning strategies in physical therapy.Physical Therapy. 2004; 84: 312-330
- Clinical reasoning in the health professions.3rd Ed. Elsevier, Butterworth Heinemann, Amsterdam2008
- Primary contact physiotherapy in emergency departments can reduce length of stay for patients with peripheral musculoskeletal injuries compared with secondary contact physiotherapy: a prospective non-randomised controlled trial.Physiotherapy. 2011; 97: 107-114
- Early physiotherapy intervention in an Accident and Emergency Department reduces pain and improves satisfaction for patients with acute low back pain: a randomised trial.Aust J Physiother. 2008; 54: 243-249
- Effect of an extended scope physiotherapy service on patient satisfaction and the outcome of soft tissue injuries in an adult emergency department.Emerg Med J. 2006; 23: 384-387
- Effectiveness of GPs in accident and emergency departments.Br J Gen Pract. 2010; 60: 378
- Multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England. Health Education England,
2017https://www.hee.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Multi-professional%20framework%20for%20advanced%20clinical%20practice%20in%20England.pdf(. (accessed 20 Aug 2019))
- Primary-contact physiotherapists manage a minor trauma caseload in the emergency department without misdiagnoses or adverse events: an observational study.Journal of physiotherapy. 2015; 61: 77-80
- Primary contact physiotherapy services reduce waiting and treatment times for patients presenting with musculoskeletal conditions in Australian emergency departments: an observational study.Journal Of Physiotherapy. 2016; 62: 209-214https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphys.2016.08.005
- Patients’ and healthcare professionals’ experiences and perceptions of physiotherapy services in the emergency department: a qualitative systematic review.International journal of emergency medicine. 2018; 11: 42
- Accident and emergency statistics: demand, performance and pressure.House of Commons Library. 2017; 6964: 1-32
NHS England (2017). AHPs into action: using allied health professions to transform health, care and wellbeing. 2016/17–2020/21. London: NHS England.